delorme maps gone after pocket query

I have a Delorme PN-20 and have loaded maps for a few states on it. I recently did my 1st pocket query and transfered everything but the regional maps thru Topo7. So my caches were on there but no maps, even though I had that part of the state on there previously.

So I did one again and asked it to transfer the regional maps (which took hours), and it didn't have any of the maps on there again and I came up with some kind of error. (Maybe not enough memory for the maps since I already had them on?)

So I'm going on vaca to Utah in 2 days and have GOT to geocache!! HELP! I wish I have a friend here in Puyallup to just get on there and do it, but they all have Oregon's!!!

I have a Delorme PN-20 and have loaded maps for a few states on it. I recently did my 1st pocket query and transfered everything but the regional maps thru Topo7. So my caches were on there but no maps, even though I had that part of the state on there previously.

So I did one again and asked it to transfer the regional maps (which took hours), and it didn't have any of the maps on there again and I came up with some kind of error. (Maybe not enough memory for the maps since I already had them on?)

So I'm going on vaca to Utah in 2 days and have GOT to geocache!! HELP! I wish I have a friend here in Puyallup to just get on there and do it, but they all have Oregon's!!!

Is the map on the device but just not displaying or is the map wiped out? Can you just reload the map? Di you maybe accidentally click the turn imagery off box in setup? Have you tried the always helpful Delorme forums?

I know I didn't turn them off in setup because my local maps are still showing. I don't know how to tell if my maps are still there or really wiped out for good. I believe they are still there but it seems to me when I go thru Topo and exchange the waypoint layer...it's like I'm putting a blank sheet of paper over my maps with just the waypoints on it. I may try to reload my maps, which are thru the sd card, but it was kind of a pain so I hoped there was an easier fix...

Are you zoomed out too far maybe?

As for the data files, I can't reliably guide you as I have never owned the PN-20, but it should be similar. You should go into your Map Setup (The PN-40 has a Data Management subsection) and see if the maps are listed. If they are and checked on, then check them off, cycle the power then check them on. If they are checked off, then check them on.

Oh thank you guys so much, through all your advise I figured it out. I needed to retransfer the regional maps for Utah and I was accidentally trying to transfer the whole US! It was way too much load for my memory and it gave me error messages. I just selected the correct map and it went through fine.

Appreciate the help!!

Teamfox4

Oh thank you guys so much, through all your advise I figured it out. I needed to retransfer the regional maps for Utah and I was accidentally trying to transfer the whole US! It was way too much load for my memory and it gave me error messages. I just selected the correct map and it went through fine.

Appreciate the help!!

Teamfox4

Enjoy your vacation, and your release from frustration.

Really, when you get back and rested from your vacation please

consider joining the :

http://forum.delorme.com/

Really, you have know idea the behind scenes lengths people will

go to to help a comrade in need, even those posting in different forums.

Norm