Legend HCx, basemaps are gone?

Hi,

i have a micro sd card with the ibycus maps on it, but now if i deselect those maps, or take out the card, i don't have any maps.

i thought i had BASEMAPS on it, just some standard mapping, but i see nothing. just my caches and any waypoints i have marked.

did i do something? or is this normal.

thanks

Hi,

i have a micro sd card with the ibycus maps on it, but now if i deselect those maps, or take out the card, i don't have any maps.

i thought i had BASEMAPS on it, just some standard mapping, but i see nothing. just my caches and any waypoints i have marked.

thanks

I pretty sure that you just have to turn on the basemap again. Let's see if I remember how to do it without digging out my GPS.

- Switch to map screen.

- Press menu button once (the button below the zoom buttons).

- Choose Map settings

- Choose the setting which shows the installed maps. I think it has a an "i" symbol.

- Press menu button once

- Select "Show basemap"

Hi,

thanks

I pretty sure that you just have to turn on the basemap again. Let's see if I remember how to do it without digging out my GPS.

- Switch to map screen.

- Press menu button once (the button below the zoom buttons).

- Choose Map settings

- Choose the setting which shows the installed maps. I think it has a an "i" symbol.

- Press menu button once

- Select "Show basemap"

GOT IT. not that i really need them, with the topo maps and such, but it's nice to have.

so it looks like you can have the basemaps and the topo maps and the ibycus all overlapping? is that the point to where it says "SHOW" and "HIDE"?

also, i see a few locations (addresses) that show up in my "RECENT FINDS", but i can't delete them individually. is there a way to remove them off the list?

thanks.

Edited by brucered

also, i see a few locations (addresses) that show up in my "RECENT FINDS", but i can't delete them individually. is there a way to remove them off the list?

thanks.

You can Remove them all:

1. Main Menu
  2. Find
  3. Recent Finds
  4. Press the "Menu button"
  5. Select "Remove All"
  6. Select "Yes"

thanks.

You can Remove them all:

1. Main Menu
  2. Find
  3. Recent Finds
  5. Select "Remove All"
  6. Select "Yes"

'

but if i REMOVE ALL, does it remove them from my geocaching section as well. they are in the RECENT FINDS section because i drove by and was close, but never actually FOUND them or marked them as FOUND?

thanks.

You can Remove them all:

1. Main Menu
  2. Find
  3. Recent Finds
  5. Select "Remove All"
  6. Select "Yes"

'

but if i REMOVE ALL, does it remove them from my geocaching section as well. they are in the RECENT FINDS section because i drove by and was close, but never actually FOUND them or marked them as FOUND?

It removes them from the Recent Finds list. Not out of the Waypoints, Geocaches, your computer or off the internet, just the Recent Finds list. They are there because they were selected in a find or had the waypoint listed, driving by them or being close to them never puts them in the list.

thanks.

You can Remove them all:

1. Main Menu
  2. Find
  3. Recent Finds
  5. Select "Remove All"
  6. Select "Yes"

'

It removes them from the Recent Finds list. Not out of the Waypoints, Geocaches, your computer or off the internet, just the Recent Finds list. They are there because they were selected in a find or had the waypoint listed, driving by them or being close to them never puts them in the list.

thanks. i did not know that. i thought if i was in the vicinity of them, they went in there. good to know.