pc help

ok i think i am getting the hang of my new GPS and yes the reviews for the Oregon 400t are right the manual isnt the best, it is taking alot of fiddiling etc but its working. just wondered what people are using on there pc's to make the most of the information that can be gathered from these marvels of tecnology.

or if this thread has been posted before can somone point me in the right direction.

many thanks

mik

GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) is an all in one geocaching and waypoint management tool.

Although the learning curve for GSAK can be quite steep. A good beginner GPS management program is EasyGPS. It's dead simple to use but does lack the fine control and extra bells and whistles that GSAK has.

EasyGPS is as it implies pretty easy to use and does the job of transferring waypoints to and from the GPS and storing them in a database. It is free too. GSAK has a lot more functions and takes a while to understand (but doesn't any software application when you use it for the first time?). The thing about GSAK is that many people use it so there is always someone who has the answer to your question.

Chris (MrB)