Options to get a TB released?

slicvickie

My Bumbles Little Adventure TB has gone missing. :D Well, not truely missing, but the guy that took him 7 months ago stated in his find log that he/(she?) took it out of the cache, but didn't log it as taken. So the TB shows that it's still in the cache where I left it. I've sent an email asking to release it, but no answer. The guy has 100+ finds and has found 7 more since he picked up my bug. So it's not like he has given up caching altogether.

Here's a couple of questions about the situation...

Does an email to a member go to the home email? Or just to the geocache site in the messages section?

How often can I email this person before it's considered harrassment?

Is there a way to force my bug into his possession? Not sure if it would make a difference to getting him to release it, but I think it might be worth a shot.

Any other ideas on how to get my poor little guy released?

Thanks

My Bumbles Little Adventure TB has gone missing. :D Well, not truely missing, but the guy that took him 7 months ago stated in his find log that he/(she?) took it out of the cache, but didn't log it as taken. So the TB shows that it's still in the cache where I left it. I've sent an email asking to release it, but no answer. The guy has 100+ finds and has found 7 more since he picked up my bug. So it's not like he has given up caching altogether.

Here's a couple of questions about the situation...

Does an email to a member go to the home email? Or just to the geocache site in the messages section?

How often can I email this person before it's considered harrassment?

Is there a way to force my bug into his possession? Not sure if it would make a difference to getting him to release it, but I think it might be worth a shot.

Any other ideas on how to get my poor little guy released?

Thanks

To answer your questions:

1-the email will go to whatever email address the person has set up as their primary email. This may be a Yahoo or Hotmail account that they rarely, if ever, check up on.

2-I would send another email again asking for him to release the bug, or if he already has, to let you know. You don't want to go down the path of harassment, so my opinion is that after three emails, the guy probably won't respond anyway...so sending a hundred emails will achieve nothing.

3-There's no way to "force" the bug into his inventory. It's up to him to properly log it in and out of caches. The only thing you can do is if you're sure the TB is no longer in the cache it shows in, is to mark it Missing and hope it resurfaces.

4-Just play the waiting game. TB's have been known to disappear and later reappear...months, even years later. Or, it might never come back. It's the chance you take when you release it into the wild.

Bruce

I feel your frustration at getting no response. smi20.gif

When this happens with my trackables I always feel I'd rather get an email back that says, "I'm sorry. I lost it. I don't know where it is..." than just no response at all. :D

I think the best antidote to TB disappointment is to send out another one. It takes your mind off your loss, gives you renewed hope and, you never know, Bumbles might yet turn up somewhere in a cache and give you a nice surprise.

MrsB :D