Help with GPX file converstion to MySQL

What are you trying to do with the file?

A little more information and maybe someone will be able to assist you.

I want to down load the GPX into a Sql table so I can tehn display the data on a webpage. www.geocachingcolo.com

We had someone write a exe file that converted the qpx file to xlm but when Groundspeak changed the format of the file the exe stopped working and the person will not help up modify the program.

I am a self confessed hack but can't seem to figure this out.

Leaving aside the matter of the fact that you'd be in violation of the user agreement if you didn't have GSP's permission to do this (I'm going to assume in good faith that you have), here's one of a hundred ways you could do it:

As McBack said, a GPX file is just an XML document. You could easily use XSL to translate the GPX/XML data into a text file of SQL statements which you would then insert into your database (for example with phpMyAdmin or similar). This is obviously only a semi-automated method.

There are other ways that would involve more or less human interaction. A PHP (or similar) script scheduled by cron that checks an email account for a PQ delivery, extracts the GPX from the zip, processes it and inserts/updates to a database would be one way to fully automate but would obviously be a far more involved undertaking.

As a "self confessed hack", I trust you don't mind me giving you ideas rather than fully fledged solutions :ph34r:

I have quite a lot experiance with gpx files, xml, database, programming, ... so probably I can help you ... but I need a good look on the requirements before doing anything.

I regularly display the content of gpx file on googlemaps with javascript (no database needed) like on following link.