Where is the best view of a city in the St Louis area?

rockey_f_squirrell

Just wondering where we could go for the 4th of july and watch people launch fireworks from thier neighborhoods. A good elevated view, anywhere within the 255/270 loop. Or better yet geocaches with best views.

It has to be easy acces as my wife has a broken leg... Original plans were to hike and camp at Bufford Mountain and overlook city of bellevue but cant do that with a broken leg.

Just wondering where we could go for the 4th of july and watch people launch fireworks from thier neighborhoods. A good elevated view, anywhere within the 255/270 loop. Or better yet geocaches with best views.

It has to be easy acces as my wife has a broken leg... Original plans were to hike and camp at Bufford Mountain and overlook city of bellevue but cant do that with a broken leg.

Good question.... I've never thought much about this as I grew up in a house that had a decent

I live in N. St. Louis County in a fairly high level area (altitude wise, nothing else, lol) our street well my parents street (I moved to the other end of the hood) is pretty much the last street in the Neighborhood and their back yard sort of overlooks the River and the Arch...

Growing up we could alway sit out in the backyard in lawn chairs or rafts in the pool and We could watch the Fireworks that they let off at Bush Stadium (after Cards Games) and on the Riverfront from whatever celebration was going on...

What about the Chain Of Rocks Bridge? I can't remember if you can see downtown it or not, plus there are several Geocaches around there... One on the bridge, one next to the bridge @ ""The Barrels"" and a few more in the area... Might as well log a few finds on the way...

Yuo might want to drive up there durring the week and see how the view is.... Like I said, I can't remember...