Maps on MicroSD can I have more than 1 on it?

I have an eTrex Legend HCx and have loaded it up with

IBYCUS 2.1 and TOPO CANADA V2 (old). i uploaded my city/province onto a card.

when i put the card in, it defaults to the IBYCUS MAPS, but how do i swtich over to the TOPO maps?

thanks for helping a new geocahcer.

i can get it to load the basemaps (on GPS memory) and then i can only seem to get 1 other map on the SD card.

the card is nowhere close to full. i'm only loading WINNIPEG into it, so just 1 city.

but i would like to have a few different variants of it in there like TOPO, IBYCUS, base etc.

when i load up the IBYCUS onto the card, i get it as an option, then if i try to upload TOPO to the card, i don't have the IBYCUS option anymore.

i can get it to load the basemaps (on GPS memory) and then i can only seem to get 1 other map on the SD card.

the card is nowhere close to full. i'm only loading WINNIPEG into it, so just 1 city.

but i would like to have a few different variants of it in there like TOPO, IBYCUS, base etc.

when i load up the IBYCUS onto the card, i get it as an option, then if i try to upload TOPO to the card, i don't have the IBYCUS option anymore.

You would need to load both at the same time. Here is a tutorial:

http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-...armin-gps-unit/

You would need to load both at the same time. Here is a tutorial:

http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-...armin-gps-unit/

SWEET, i got it.

with the legend HCx, it loads all the maps, displays the name of one in a dropdown box, but if i use the controller, i can scroll down and select the appropriate maps.

thanks again.

now, is there a way to upload my street maps that came on a micro sd card to my pc, so i can pick and choose a few cities / areas to upload to the above card? after looking online, i'm guessing you can't do this for Garmin copyright reasons, which sucks, because i bought the card and it's mine. oh well.

Edited by brucered

SWEET, i got it.

with the legend HCx, it loads all the maps, displays the name of one in a dropdown box, but if i use the controller, i can scroll down and select the appropriate maps.

thanks again.

now, is there a way to upload my street maps that came on a micro sd card to my pc, so i can pick and choose a few cities / areas to upload to the above card? after looking online, i'm guessing you can't do this for Garmin copyright reasons, which sucks, because i bought the card and it's mine. oh well.

Well, on the map setup page, you select the Information icon and the when you see the info box with the load you press the menu button and you can show or hide any mapset including the basemap. Preprogrammed datacards are not meant to be used on your computer. Yes you bought the card, but you only licensed the data.

SWEET, i got it.

thanks again.

Well, on the map setup page, you select the Information icon and the when you see the info box with the load you press the menu button and you can show or hide any mapset including the basemap. Preprogrammed datacards are not meant to be used on your computer. Yes you bought the card, but you only licensed the data.

no problem. i got the multiple maps loaded onto my card, just not the NA street maps. i guess if i want to use them, i'll just bring the data card along.

thanks again.

SWEET, i got it.

thanks again.

no problem. i got the multiple maps loaded onto my card, just not the NA street maps. i guess if i want to use them, i'll just bring the data card along.

thanks again.

Well, another option is that you can always sell the NA datacard and purchase the DVD version that will do as you wish. Edited by coggins