Announcing: Team Cache Dwellers (English Language group)

cachedwellers

Hi all,

Description of the group says it all, só Portuguese, but not us. As estrangeiros we feel there is a place for a group addressing a large group of non-Portuguese or bad Portuguese speaking people. Therefore we started out creating a team for this group with the homebase of Oliveira do Hospital.

Yes base of team Fafnir who we admire for their inventive and creative caches. I feel real bad having missed the event they recently organised that traveled along all their caches. Hope I will have the chance to attend next time. Cuprimentos.

To avoid the obvious, we do not compete against Fafnir, nor do we exclude Portuguese members. We only target a common language being English. And no, me and my daughter Jen are Dutch, so we are not English but just see it as cooperative language in Europe.

OK so far for the introduction, please feel free to visit our website for more info at:

http://cachedwellers.no.sapo.pt

I hope we will be able to attribute to the global community and we set as goal to keep our planned caches bi-lingual, Portuguese and English.

P.S.

Take a look at our design for a new cache item called GeoStick and please let us have your feedback.

Hi and welcome!

It's always great to read what others think about us and geocaching in our country. Seems that you're enjoying. ;)

We haven't geocached in Oliveira do Hospital, but we're sure will do it... someday.

Your concept of geosticks, looks interesting, but how will it cope with the "general paranoia" about virus/worms/malware, etc?

Take care and have fun!

After all, this space is also yours. Feel free to use it ANYTIME!

Hugo

Hi and welcome!

It's always great to read what others think about us and geocaching in our country. Seems that you're enjoying. ;)

I live here for 10 years now. I love this country Portugal e minha vide.

Sorry, if I could only get the hang of this language :-)

We haven't geocached in Oliveira do Hospital, but we're sure will do it... someday.

Dont pass by without saying hello:

Rua do Colegio 8a 2 andar esq.

Your concept of geosticks, looks interesting, but how will it cope with the "general paranoia" about virus/worms/malware, etc?

Chip in on General discussion. But the basic defense. If you don't understand it don't touch it. Nobody forces

you to take out anything from a cache. Especially a Portuguese one ;-)

Take care and have fun!

After all, this space is also yours. Feel free to use it ANYTIME!

Hugo

Thanks for the welcome Hugo, I hope we can make up by presenting our first cache in a few weeks. As stated we want to produce high standard caches and Portugal with it's magnificent history won't make that very hard. F.I. we noticed that the area of Caramulo is practicly cacheless. A sharp contrast to the Estrela that has to much IMHO :-) Especially the side that has been burned to the ground and is littered with broomsticks. Anyway especially the area of central Portugal can use the attention of tourists so combining this geocaching has great potential.

Embraços

Raphael (what I use here in stead of Roelf :-) I ensist on the ph though :-)

I there, I couldn't stop noticing this new topic.

First of all let me introduce myself , my name is Paulo and my nick is paulomx. I own a few geocaches near Serra do Caramulo , and the most recent ones are written in both languages, Portuguese and English, so feel free to visit them.

Most of my geocaches are written in both languages in order to be accessible to a larger group of geocachers.

Serra do caramulo has lots of beautiful places to plant caches, I got a few in my mind to plant there in a near future, and it would be great if more geocachers place there some more.

Its great to see that you all like Serra do Caramulo, I was raised there, so It kind of makes me proud, I don´'t live there anymore but I like to visit caramulo whenever it's possible, and the first geocache that I've planted was there in Parque Éolico do Caramulo.

Sorry for my English it's a little bit rusty.

Edited by paulomx

Hi all,

Description of the group says it all, só Portuguese, but not us. As estrangeiros we feel there is a place for a group addressing a large group of non-Portuguese or bad Portuguese speaking people. Therefore we started out creating a team for this group with the homebase of Oliveira do Hospital.

Hi guys

First of all, welcome to the PT forums. I wish many of the originally-foreign-and-now-based-in-portugal teams like you would follow your lead and join us here. It's a great place for meeting up and gathering people with such special background as you do. Just feel free to ask for help around here, we'll gladly give you a hand or point out who's able to.

See you around!