Wanted: Milestone suggestions

When it comes to milestone caches, I like to fine something different, exciting or otherwise memorable.

On sundayit will be time to find such a cache so I am looking for suggestions of caches which i'll remember as a great cache.

As reference, past milestones include:

GC11FYE Toyota Celica.....

GCYW28 Cold War in Oxfordshire

(sorry for the lack of links, not easy doing this onthe iPod)

One thought is "You're havin a laugh" but distance may come i to play. Any suggestions within that kind of distance of Oundle (nr Peterborough) would be welcome.

Thanks

Chris

I agree and all hope is that we will find YHAL.

However, last year we'd planned it, travelled down and walked to the entrance only to discover it had been sealed. Obviously people have been finding it recently but this was also the case last year and it got sealed within the 5days previous to our attempt.

What i'm looking for is alternatives within the area that people would recommend as milestone caches.

How about BOAT ONLY - GC1DNZF Nr Elton - very close to Oundle.

I haven't done it but I'm hoping to soon. Its a 5* terrain cache.

You will have to beg/borrow/steal a boat though!

Diddi

Roll up, Roll up, Hudson's Renta Kayak services 'Oundle division' at your service :laughing:

J

Roll up, Roll up, Hudson's Renta Kayak services 'Oundle division' at your service :laughing:

Although it might not be tomorrow, I may well take you up on that offer :anibad: Maybe the weekend of the 20th June as I'll be back for the Oundle Carnival.

That said, if the tunnel has become sealed in the last week or so then you never know.

I'm going to borrow OH's Kayak for BOAT ONLY... but i would be glad of the company (and someone to fish me out if i fall in!) if anyone else is up for it?

I don't normally need an excuse to go for a paddle down the river, so very happy to come along! Let me know when you're thinking of going!

Cheers,

J

Although it might not be tomorrow, I may well take you up on that offer :anibad: Maybe the weekend of the 20th June as I'll be back for the Oundle Carnival.

That said, if the tunnel has become sealed in the last week or so then you never know.

Cool - let me know as and when and we'll get something arranged!

Cheers,

J

Cool - let me know as and when and we'll get something arranged!

Cheers,

J

Will do.

Question about the Tunnel: How wet was it down there when you went? (A question open to eveyone whos been recently)

Question about the Tunnel: How wet was it down there when you went? (A question open to eveyone whos been recently)

It's fine - certainly didn't need anything other than a good torch and walking boots. Wet bits could be easily side stepped when I did it. Definately a good milestone cache!

J