Looking for best price on new Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx

I've been borrowing a GPSr from nJim since I started with Geocaching and he needs it back, so I have to buy one if I want to keep up with my new addiction hobby. Since I don't want to buy twice, I've decided to go all out and get the Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx. I was skeptical at first since the design is a few years old, but I decided that now is a good time because if I don't go caching within a few days I'm probably going to start having withdrawal symptoms I don't see any signs of a new iteration of this device coming out soon.

All of that aside, does anyone know where I can find the best price on a NEW GPSMAP 60CSx in the United States? I don't mind if it's online or from a brick and mortar store, I just want a good price. Garmin's website lists stores that sell its other handhelds, but when I click the "Where to Buy" link on the 60CSx, it says they don't have anyone selling it. For those of you familiar with Garmin, is this a sign that they're phasing this unit out?

Edited by obsidianspider

I've been borrowing a GPSr from nJim since I started with Geocaching and he needs it back, so I have to buy one if I want to keep up with my new addiction hobby. Since I don't want to buy twice, I've decided to go all out and get the Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx. I was skeptical at first since the design is a few years old, but I decided that now is a good time because if I don't go caching within a few days I'm probably going to start having withdrawal symptoms I don't see any signs of a new iteration of this device coming out soon.

All of that aside, does anyone know where I can find the best price on a NEW GPSMAP 60CSx in the United States? I don't mind if it's online or from a brick and mortar store, I just want a good price. Garmin's website lists stores that sell its other handhelds, but when I click the "Where to Buy" link on the 60CSx, it says they don't have anyone selling it. For those of you familiar with Garmin, is this a sign that they're phasing this unit out?

It's not being phased out anytime soon. They just posted a software upgrade for it. They don't do that for abandoned products.

I've bought from GPSCity with good results. They've got it for $298, or for $304, they'll upgrade the memory card to 2GB, which isn't a bad deal, since you'll probably want to do that anyway and $6 is a fair price for the card.

Thanks everyone.

Well, the best price including shipping seems to be $295 at Amazon.

Now to complicate things, I heard that REI will have the Oregon 400t on sale starting May 1 (tomorrow) at $399 with a $50 rebate, final price being $349. So much for having a firm idea on what I'm buying.

Back to sifting through the 60CSx vs 400t debate threads...

REI will take it back it you don't like it. I'd say give the Oregon a try.

Yeah, I looked at the cost of adding maps to the 60CSx and with all of the other features you get with the 400t, for $349 after rebate, it's a no brainer. Now I'm just waiting for the end of the work day so I can go buy it!