Upgrading from my iQue 300 to What?

wxfamily

Hey guys, I have been using my iQue for the last 3 years and it has preformed okay, but it's worn out requiring resets and restarts and the battery last maybe 15mins now so...

I am looking at upgrading along with getting new map data. My question is, to what. I have looked a good sale for the Nuvi 750 at $170 shipped but will this work? My wife and I are more park and grab than anything. We might walk up to a half mile or so, but that is it. We also would need something for driving.

On my iQue, I had Cachnav and Cachmate along with my premium membership. Worked well, especially using the Cachnav and the compass direction. Took me to within 5-10ft numerous times.

Can these or similar programs work on the 750 or another nuvi? I like all the paperless features that I got on cachmate. Thanks for your help before I waste my money.

Thanks

Hey guys, I have been using my iQue for the last 3 years and it has preformed okay, but it's worn out requiring resets and restarts and the battery last maybe 15mins now so...

I am looking at upgrading along with getting new map data. My question is, to what. I have looked a good sale for the Nuvi 750 at $170 shipped but will this work? My wife and I are more park and grab than anything. We might walk up to a half mile or so, but that is it. We also would need something for driving.

On my iQue, I had Cachnav and Cachmate along with my premium membership. Worked well, especially using the Cachnav and the compass direction. Took me to within 5-10ft numerous times.

Can these or similar programs work on the 750 or another nuvi? I like all the paperless features that I got on cachmate. Thanks for your help before I waste my money.

Thanks

Anyone???

the Nuvi 500 will work well for you. With it you can run a pq and load it directly from your e-mail into the gpx file on the nuvi and you have up to 500 caches loaded with almost all of the cache page. On other models of nuvi's you can use pilotsnips or jjreds programs to load Thousands of caches as POI's. The programs can be found in The GPS and Technology Forums.

the Nuvi 500 will work well for you. With it you can run a pq and load it directly from your e-mail into the gpx file on the nuvi and you have up to 500 caches loaded with almost all of the cache page. On other models of nuvi's you can use pilotsnips or jjreds programs to load Thousands of caches as POI's. The programs can be found in The GPS and Technology Forums.

Thanks, however with the pilotsnips or jjreds, will the the nuvis other than 500 display all the description info and hints??

thanks