Meridian Platinum vs. Triton 200

vidar42

I'm looking at "upgrading" my GPS. I have a Platinum right now...was my first GPS and I bought it used. I saw that the triton 200 here at canadian tire was listed as "designed for geocaching". I'm just wondering what the general community thinks. Would this be a worthwhile upgrade for me or would I be lugging this thing right back to the store?

The triton series in general is SO SO at best. They are usable, but not user friendly. They have some good features, but lack many others. The 200 specifically does not come with usb cable, so you would have to buy that in addition in order to connect to a computer. It also doesn't support SD cards. If they are REALLY cheap then get one otherwise spend your money elsewhere.

This is coming from someone who owns a triton 2000 and an Garmin oregon. I leave the triton literally in the box it came in and use the Garmin several times a week. I bring the triton out everytime they put out a update for it. Then when the unit still falls short of being easy to use I put it back in the box. I am giving them one more firmware update and if it still stinks, I'm selling it on ebay.