PQ GPX to XML in GMail?

Search4Lancer

Odd... The past two days, my PQs have been coming through just fine. I don't get them zipped up because that's a few extra steps that I'd rather not bother with. However, suddenly, when I click the download link for the files in GMail (which are clearly showing as .gpx files), it's wanting to append the .xml extension on the end of them, and save them as XML files. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm wondering if maybe GMail is trying to be "helpful" by recognizing that they actually are XML files when it scans them.

I know that - but gmail apparently changed the extension so that it made more sense to thier scanners. I've seen a few email packages do similar. Good reason to use the zip.

Right, that's what I'm saying. I know GPX files are XML files. However, they came through just fine before, up until two days ago. They still show as .gpx in the attachment list, but tries to save as blaaahhh.gpx.xml

I was just seeing if anyone else was experiencing a similar problem. I guess I'll take it up with GMail Support (if I can find them).