Emails via website do not get sent

the pooks

When you compose an email to another user via the GC email system and hit the SEND/SUBMIT button you should get a page containing the message "Your email has been sent" and an notification is also emailed to your inbox. I find quite often that after I hit the SEND/SUBMIT button nothing happens (except losing the message I have just composed). I have resorted to pasting the message on my clipboard before sending, so that I can resend with a copy/paste. Alternatively I compose the message in Outlook Express or Notepad and copy/paste it into the GC email box - that always works.

It is as if the website forgets about your page because you take too long to type the message or something.

Has anyone else experienced this and/or do you know of a reason and solution.

Thanks

I know from experience that when the site is working correctly, it does so within a couple of seconds. So if I submit a page, any page, and it doesn't go through in 5 seconds, I press escape (cancel loading) and reload the page. Even when the site is being particularly difficult, this almost always works on the 3rd load.

Of course I do not use this method here in the forums, or it would result in the dreaded double-post.

I just composed and sent you an e-mail. I had no error and got the confirmation e-mail from Groundspeak.

Of course, it was a short one.

Are you saying you have errors no matter how short it is (go ahead, send one back) or is it just very long ones? If so, how long of a time is "long"?

Edited by beejay&esskay