Tutorial Video: Where NOT to Hide a Geocache

Headhardhat

Wow did we get responses to the question: How NOT to Hide a Geocache...? and from me to you THANK YOU!!!

I will have to go check out the latest but as of my last count we had almost 2000 hits and over 70 suggestions from geocachers all over and I will continue to add to the master list.

There were so many suggestions in fact we are going to make several GeoSnippits videos showing different aspects of how not to hide geocaches. The first installment is WHERE Not to hide geocaches. We took regulations from geocaching.com, forum suggestions and combined some of the more obvious examples. There will be more and as they keep coming I will do even more. The next video will be How Not to hide a Geocache and will deal with all the bad examples of container types and placements. More GeoSnippits will come from that too. There are just too many to cram into ten minute videos.

Keep the Suggestions coming the thread is in the General Geocaching Discussions and again thanks!

Here's the video itself.

http://headhardhat-geocache.blogspot.com/2...e-geocache.html

-HHH :)

That's great! I've seen so many caches where you think, what was the hider thinking when they placed the cache here! The only cache that's on tracks in our area (the Okanagan in BC) that's ok is on the old Kettle Valley Railway. The train does go out onto the old trestle, but the cache is behind a barrier at the end of the tracks where they used to go. Tracks into Penticton have long since been removed. This section is a tourist attraction.

Thanks for all the kind words about GeoSnippits and this video. I have received more in the past week on this one than on many of my others. There will be at least two other videos along this line..

Next will be What NOT to hide as a geocache. Which will be about the types and makes of bad geocaching containers.

and

How NOT to hide a geocache. Which will be all the bad procedures and tactics of a bad geocache placement.

Please keep the suggestions coming. You might see yours in the video.

-HHH :blink: