Daisy-Fresh

u4e

Hello to one and all.

My brother, in the West Country, has talked me into this. He explained that the terrain is marked out, and that is useful, to an extent. However, it would be even more useful if those placing urban caches could indicate if the sites are accessible to thoe in wheelchairs/mobility scooters?

I do understand that the game is best suited for those that enjoy walking/hiking, so appreciate the fact that choices will be somewhat less for the disabled. Keep them coming, though. I hope to get a lot more chances to get out and about more often. :rolleyes:

Hi!

Welcome to caching.

Most of thr UK cachers can be found over on the UK side of the forums HERE

where you may find someone local to help.

Any caches marked as Difficulty 1 Terrain ! or even 1.5/1.5 should be accesable to wheelchair users...

Note I say should. D1 T1 seems to be the default setting, and a lot of cache setters don't change the rating when they fill in the page!

There is a "Handicaching" website, which has a more specific rating system.here eg a cache may be reachable by wheelchair, but the cache may have to be retrieved by a helper.

Often its a case of read the cache description, and look at the map, to see if it is wheelchair accesable. :rolleyes:

Edited by Bear and Ragged