Newb in Gainesville, FL

kmkajfasz

Hi everyone!

Just had my first geocaching experience this weekend and I am in love!! I found 9 of the 11 we set out to find in Tallahassee. Great day!! Pricing out GPS units, already have several caches in Gainesville I can't wait to go find!

Any ideas on GPS units?

Thanks for any help! :o

Hi everyone!

Just had my first geocaching experience this weekend and I am in love!! I found 9 of the 11 we set out to find in Tallahassee. Great day!! Pricing out GPS units, already have several caches in Gainesville I can't wait to go find!

Any ideas on GPS units?

Thanks for any help! :unsure:

60CSx, 60CSx, 60CSx, 60CSx. Do I need to repeat my self anymore?

I have owned two Etrex Vistas, one 60CSx (that I lost a while back in a cave), a Vista C and have put a Garmin Oregon and Colorado through the ringers for a few months each. Hands down the 60CSx which I used for two years and found around a thousand caches with untill I lost it, was byfar the hot ticket. The touchscreen on the Oregon is nice yes, but for the price and reliability of the 60CSx it is the way to go. I was not all that impressed withe the Oregon or the Colorado. When I get back home (I'm deployed right now), I will be picking up another 60CSx.

By all means do all the research you want and see what others say about their units. But take a serious look at the Garmin 60CSx.

Best of luck and welcome to the addiction.

Edited by CACHE KRAWLER

Thank you for your insight. I had pretty much decided on the 60CSx before posting. Glad to see I'm on the right track. :laughing:

Hi everyone!

Any ideas on GPS units?

Thanks for any help! :laughing:

60CSx, 60CSx, 60CSx, 60CSx. Do I need to repeat my self anymore?

I have owned two Etrex Vistas, one 60CSx (that I lost a while back in a cave), a Vista C and have put a Garmin Oregon and Colorado through the ringers for a few months each. Hands down the 60CSx which I used for two years and found around a thousand caches with untill I lost it, was byfar the hot ticket. The touchscreen on the Oregon is nice yes, but for the price and reliability of the 60CSx it is the way to go. I was not all that impressed withe the Oregon or the Colorado. When I get back home (I'm deployed right now), I will be picking up another 60CSx.

By all means do all the research you want and see what others say about their units. But take a serious look at the Garmin 60CSx.

Best of luck and welcome to the addiction.

Hi everyone!

Any ideas on GPS units?

Thanks for any help! :wub:

:lol:

I totally recommend the Garmin Colorado 300! You can not beat it!

Hi everyone!

Any ideas on GPS units?

Thanks for any help! :wub:

:lol:

I totally recommend the Garmin Colorado 300! You can not beat it!