Need help on how to dip coins

drgnflyz

We recently took a trip and took alon our personal family geocoin. I forgot to log it in and log it back out of the caches we found. Is there a way to do this once I have already logged a cache find? I went to the edit function but no tb's pull up there. Also it there is an easier way to 'dip' than the labor intensive way I have been doing it I would appreciate the info. I log my cache find and choose the tb/coins. Then I go back to the tb/coin and retrieve it. This is soooo time consuming! Isn't there an easier way? Thanks for your help! Peace

We recently took a trip and took alon our personal family geocoin. I forgot to log it in and log it back out of the caches we found. Is there a way to do this once I have already logged a cache find? I went to the edit function but no tb's pull up there. Also it there is an easier way to 'dip' than the labor intensive way I have been doing it I would appreciate the info. I log my cache find and choose the tb/coins. Then I go back to the tb/coin and retrieve it. This is soooo time consuming! Isn't there an easier way? Thanks for your help! Peace

Hi drgnflyz,

I'm afraid there's no easier way to log your personal coin in and out of caches :o

I log my pocket coin in and out of caches that I've already logged as found this way:

- go to cache page and write a note, selecting the same date you logged the cache find.

- choose your personal coin from the list to drop it in the cache

- in the note you can write something like 'logging pocket coin'

- then delete your note

- go to cache page again and click on your personal coin in the inventory

- retrieve your personal coin

What about logging the coin AFTER the initial report?

You'll be writing a note to the cache page to dip your coin which you can easily delete after you've submitted it. Even if you were to log another find, by mistake, to a cache you've already logged a find to it won't change your cache count (exception exists if the time interval between the two logs exceeds a certain value).

- go to cache page and write a note, selecting the same date you logged the cache find (I meant AFTER the initial found log here, because if you didn't log the cache as found yet, you could just drop and retrieve the coin through your found log instead of a 'write note')

- choose your personal coin from the list to drop it in the cache

- in the note you can write something like 'logging pocket coin'

- then delete your note

- go to cache page again and click on your personal coin in the inventory

- retrieve your personal coin