GPSMap 60CSx memory full error

I have a Garmin gpsmap 60csx. I've been geocaching with it for about a year with no problems. I am using gsak to transfer .gpx files to the gpsr. Today, I tried to upload some new geocaches and received an 'out of memory' message on my gpsr. I checked and I am only 1% full on my sd card. I tried deleting all geocaches and waypoints off of my gpsr but am still only able to upload 25 or so coordinates. What's going on here? am I missing something?

My software version is 3.70 and my gps sw version is 3.00.

The memory check states the following: 1% full, (maps 1.68 mb), tracks (0), Miscellaneous space (.02 mb), free space (119.45 mb), total used (1.70 mb). Is this just the memory card or total memory? How do you check the internal memory? Thanks for any help you can provide.

I have a Garmin gpsmap 60csx. I've been geocaching with it for about a year with no problems. I am using gsak to transfer .gpx files to the gpsr. Today, I tried to upload some new geocaches and received an 'out of memory' message on my gpsr. I checked and I am only 1% full on my sd card. I tried deleting all geocaches and waypoints off of my gpsr but am still only able to upload 25 or so coordinates. What's going on here? am I missing something?

My software version is 3.70 and my gps sw version is 3.00.

The memory check states the following: 1% full, (maps 1.68 mb), tracks (0), Miscellaneous space (.02 mb), free space (119.45 mb), total used (1.70 mb). Is this just the memory card or total memory? How do you check the internal memory? Thanks for any help you can provide.

To be able to get the information you got you had to highlight "Card Info" and entered. That is just the memory card. A couple of ways to check to see if your at or close to your 1,000 waypoint limit is to view by name on GPS (long and tedious), an easier way might be to transfer all Waypoints from your GPS to Mapsource and scroll through the list quickly to see if a guesstimation looks like it may be close to 1,000. If so there's your problem and delete some.

edit: also check to see how may .gpx files you have

Edited by eaparks

To be able to get the information you got you had to highlight "Card Info" and entered. That is just the memory card. A couple of ways to check to see if your at or close to your 1,000 waypoint limit is to view by name on GPS (long and tedious), an easier way might be to transfer all Waypoints from your GPS to Mapsource and scroll through the list quickly to see if a guesstimation looks like it may be close to 1,000. If so there's your problem and delete some.

I have no waypoints or geocaches on my gpsr. That is what confuses me. There should be plenty of room to put them in. I set it up in GSAK to only upload 200 waypoints. It only transferred 25 or so after saying everything was complete. What am I missing here??

I have no waypoints or geocaches on my gpsr. That is what confuses me. There should be plenty of room to put them in. I set it up in GSAK to only upload 200 waypoints. It only transferred 25 or so after saying everything was complete. What am I missing here??

Hmm, have you been able to recreate the error, or perhaps it was a one-time fluke, that happens sometimes.

It happens every time I try to upload to my gpsr. I think I figured out the out of memory error; GSAK was transferring too many geocaches I believe; over 1,000 in total. That still doesn't explain my root problem. If I set GSAK to only transfer 200 waypoints it will still only transfer 20 or so.

Let's throw another cog in this issue: I am able to transfer 20 to 25 geocaches from GSAK to my gpsr at a time. I have a little over 100 on there now; however, when I look under FIND--GEOCACHES on my gpsr it only lists 20 or so. If I go to the map view they are all there!! This is the first issue I've had with my Garmin so I'm a little confused as to what's going on.

Hmm, have you been able to recreate the error, or perhaps it was a one-time fluke, that happens sometimes.

It happens every time I try to upload to my gpsr. I think I figured out the out of memory error; GSAK was transferring too many geocaches I believe; over 1,000 in total. That still doesn't explain my root problem. If I set GSAK to only transfer 200 waypoints it will still only transfer 20 or so.

Let's throw another cog in this issue: I am able to transfer 20 to 25 geocaches from GSAK to my gpsr at a time. I have a little over 100 on there now; however, when I look under FIND--GEOCACHES on my gpsr it only lists 20 or so. If I go to the map view they are all there!! This is the first issue I've had with my Garmin so I'm a little confused as to what's going on.

I think that the gpsr only shows the closest 20 caches but if you search by name they should all be there.

I think that the gpsr only shows the closest 20 caches but if you search by name they should all be there.

(sorry for the double post)

Edited by randyandb