Magellan Meridian Won't Power-Up

I bought this GPSr back in 2003. It has been a real trooper for my 319 geocache finds. I used it the other day with no problems...I went to use it today and it won't power up. I put in four sets of new batteries and still no luck. I can faintly see the screen do a little flash and then the speaker does a very faint beep....beep....beep. I took the back off and checked and I'm getting 3vdc on the pins touching the circuit board. Any ideas?

Thanks

Reid

aka WAshington Red Bear

I bought this GPSr back in 2003. It has been a real trooper for my 319 geocache finds. I used it the other day with no problems...I went to use it today and it won't power up. I put in four sets of new batteries and still no luck. I can faintly see the screen do a little flash and then the speaker does a very faint beep....beep....beep. I took the back off and checked and I'm getting 3vdc on the pins touching the circuit board. Any ideas?

Thanks

Reid

aka WAshington Red Bear

One of the tricks tech support had me do was plug it into my car adapter and then power it up. To my surprise, it worked.

Clean the contacts and circuit board where they contact with a pencil eraser. You can bend the contacts but be very gentle because they break off very easily. Then you will have to solder wires on if you break them.

He did say he was getting voltage so that obviously isn't the problem. :ph34r:

I plugged in the external power cord with and without batteries installed and I still get the same response as listed above. I'm quessing the ole' gal finally bit the dust. I've had problems before where I had to press and hold the power button to get it to turn on. I might take the inside circuit board out this afternoon and see if I can see anything.

Thanks

Reid