Send to GPS via GSAK problem GPS60

Biff0r

I have created a fair few PQ's and have exceeded the 1000 that my Garmin GPS60 can handle. Decided to delete the waypoints on the GPS and have a more designed PQ for my home location and parents locations.

Since then any PQ i have opened up and sent to GPS only shows in way point not geocache. It worked a few days ago, have tried all sorts but no joy, (can send individuals via search and show as Geocache).

I have tried searching via forums but hard to find when keywords need to be 4 characters plus.

One thing I have noticed is that the icons are airports icon.

I also tried for first time set a route up but didn't work that well (my lack of knowledge really).

Anyone ideas?

I am sure GSAK when I opened up database and sent to GPS it was logged in the geocache field.

Thanks in advance.

I laughed when I saw your post because I literally just uploaded my tutorials on loading waypoints and POIs onto a Garmin 60CSx.

Here is the tutorial.

http://headhardhat-geocache.blogspot.com/2...points-and.html

When loading POIs and Waypoints and depending on how GSAK is setup you can tell it what symbol will represent an unfound and found geocache among others.

-HHH :ph34r:

where would one find this option?

Tried uninstall and reinstall but it recalls settings, will regedit i think)

Be nice to know how I messed up for future reference.

Tried to reset but still no joy :mellow:

Any tips?

Looked at given links but cant see nothing that would aid me. thanks again

Edited by Biff0r

where would one find this option?

Tried uninstall and reinstall but it recalls settings...

What did you uninstall and reinstall?

On your GPS (from the link in my last post)

Choose menu-menu-setup-geocache. Pick the icons you want for unfound geocaches and found geocaches. Configure your software (GSAK) to send geocaches with that icon. Now when you find-geocache, it will present a menu of ONLY the waypoints with an icon that matches your unfound geocache selection. When you have found the cache, just select "found" and the unit will change the icon, making it disappear from the nearest unfound list.

In GSAK go to Send Waypoints to GPS Dialog Box (GPS=>Send Waypoints) (click here) then the Change Waypoint Icons Dialog Box (GPS=>Send Waypoints) (click here) and select the icon to match what you set on your GPS. Note that you will have to use the same icon for all types of geocaches for this to work for all types as your Garmin only allows one.

The screen shot below shows the default setting in GSAK which sounds like what your present setting is.

SymbolsGeneral.png

I think it was because GPS icons had changed, and GSAK was set to both on symbols.

Also found that I had to power cycle the GPS60 on and off otherwise it didn't know the change.

I will try again, but today's routes worked ok, check back later.

Thanks so far for your help.