Do FTF rules make a cache an unknown?

avpas

If I would place a cache and I knew one of these people were out there waiting to pounce (assuming for a moment that I actually cared)

1. I would place the cache with totally incorrect coordinates.

2. Wait for the Did Not Find responses to come in.

3. Send a personal message to the first person after the FTF Hog(s) stating that the coordinates were incorrect and give them the correct coordinates.

4. Wait for the Found It response to come in then update the coordinates on the site.

5. Pray for forgiveness. Maybe I need to anyway just for making the suggestion. :D

That is just downright wrong :mellow::wacko::wacko: man talk about really ruining the whole Geocaching experience.

SS

If I would place a cache and I knew one of these people were out there waiting to pounce (assuming for a moment that I actually cared)

3. Send a personal message to the first person after the FTF Hog(s) stating that the coordinates were incorrect and give them the correct coordinates.

4. Wait for the Found It response to come in then update the coordinates on the site.

5. Pray for forgiveness. Maybe I need to anyway just for making the suggestion. :(

That is just downright wrong :blink::blink::huh: man talk about really ruining the whole Geocaching experience.

SS

:blink: Relax a bit, I made no indication that I would actually do this. I was simply suggesting a solution (within the guidelines) to what I perceived as the OP's problem. It turns out that the original problem statment was mis-worded and I am confused on what the actual problem is right now.

I geocache for two reasons, I like to be in the wilderness, and I like to have my kids along with me. I try to pick caches that require some walking, take me and my family to some type of natural wonder or historical place, and have a hidden cache for my kids to find. I became a premium member because geocaching.com is a valuable tool for me to find these places and I don't mind paying my share. My kids have an interest in placing their own cache so you will probably see a few from me in the future but they will be legit. :(

5. Pray for forgiveness. Maybe I need to anyway just for making the suggestion. :(

That is just downright wrong :blink::blink::huh: man talk about really ruining the whole Geocaching experience.

SS

:blink: Relax a bit, I made no indication that I would actually do this. I was simply suggesting a solution (within the guidelines) to what I perceived as the OP's problem. It turns out that the original problem statment was mis-worded and I am confused on what the actual problem is right now.

The problem with making statements like this is someone out there will think it's a good idea, and I don't feel that this is in the spirit of Geocaching.

SS