I remember this cache - before it was a cache!

RobOnly

GC1CMP1

Its a cache by the side of an old Royal Observer Corps post on the top of the Yorkshire Wolds, where I originally came from.

I was originally part of the roster for the post before I was transferred and the Corps was stood down. I think this one was was 20 Post, York 22 Group, or as we knew it, 'York 20 Post', but I would have to check that at home. I recall how it was always a bit tricky to get down (and up!) the ladder into the post, and the tinned rations.... oh my life! On the 24 hour training exercises, we always tried to avoid opening the tin marked Mixed Grill for some reason, and I never did see what the contents looked like!

I am pleased to see that it is valued as a vital part of our history, and that its being looked after.

I was in a bit of a rush when I did this cache so did not enter the bunker.. I intend to go back and explore.

Doing some reasearch I have found several more which will soon have caches placed by them.. Notice the "placed by" and not "in" ;*)

I was not aware of the bunkers untill I did Jaz666 "Covert Ops" cache which visited one..

Welcome Robonly to Geocaching.. :)

I was in a bit of a rush when I did this cache so did not enter the bunker.. I intend to go back and explore.

Doing some reasearch I have found several more which will soon have caches placed by them.. Notice the "placed by" and not "in" ;*)

I was not aware of the bunkers untill I did Jaz666 "Covert Ops" cache which visited one..

Welcome Robonly to Geocaching.. :)

Cheers Madyokel. i just wish I'd got into geochaching back home in the East Riding but heh, I couldn't afford the GPS then! :)