Event planning?

I may have missed it but I did not find any place that has a compilation of event games and ideas. I want to hold an event and would like to see what others have done. There are not allot of events around here and when there is I have a hard time getting to them.

So far I have a theme. It will be near Reelfoot Lake in NW TN. Just google the night riders of Reelfoot Lake! I am trying to put together a night cache for the event because they did what they did at night.

Hey if it is not worth doing right it ain't worth doing!

Shoot me your suggestions!

Thanks

Edited by Influence Waterfowl Calls
Pick a spot.

Post the Coordinates and day/time at least 2 weeks in advance.

Show up.

Encourage folks to bring food to share.

And it really is just that simple. We've hosted 2 events, and haven't had any special games or themes. Especially if there haven't been many/any event caches in the area, the best event you can throw is just a simple meet and greet.

There are activities that can make them more fun. Some of our events have had poker runs. You visit caches and collect one card from each in a sealed number envelope (1-5. Each cache has a different number). Then you go back and turn your cards in sealed envelopes back in and see how you did. Normally everyone throws in 5 bucks for the winning prize.

I may have missed it but I did not find any place that has a copulation of event games and ideas. I want to hold an event and would like to see what others have done. There are not allot of events around here and when there is I have a hard time getting to them.

So far I have a theme. It will be near Reelfoot Lake in NW TN. Just google the night riders of Reelfoot Lake! I am trying to put together a night cache for the event because they did what they did at night.

Shoot me you suggestions!

Thanks

well! if your event involves much of this then i might make the drive from michigan. :laughing:

i'm hoping you really mean "compilation". <_<

I may have missed it but I did not find any place that has a copulation of event games and ideas. I want to hold an event and would like to see what others have done. There are not allot of events around here and when there is I have a hard time getting to them.

Thanks

well! if your event involves much of this then i might make the drive from michigan. :D

i'm hoping you really mean "compilation". <_<

Freudian slip... :laughing:

Thanks

Organizers of many of the more premium-type events, in an effort to go the extra mile to offer very "special" attractions, arrange for me to appear at the event for perhaps four hours, and they prepay my travel, hotel and meal costs, along with the requisite appearance fee in order to ensure that I will be present at the event.

Of course, some other event organizers pay me a very good sum if I will only agree to stay away from their event -- we call this the "Vinny guaranteed non-attendance fee"!

Hey uperdooper for catching that! That is what you get when you don't check what you click on in spell check!

Back to the subject... I just want to put on something more than the ordinary "pig gig".

spell check wouldn't have helped you on that. it's spelled correctly. <_<

edit to add that i didn't notice it the first time i read it. someone else pointed it out.

Edited by uperdooper

I've been throwing a Christmas pizza party event the last two years running - last year, I ran a contest the month before for the best "Caching Carols" cachers could devise.

Of course, I made the winners sing their compositions in front of everyone. Everyone had a blast... even the red-faced ones. <_<

Thanks

well! if your event involves much of this then i might make the drive from michigan. :D

i'm hoping you really mean "compilation". :D

Influence! You trying to step up events around here a notch?? <_<:)

You are SO going to get called out for this spelling error in the RVG forums. I've spent too much time with the others looking for the evil little hide of yours on the train to not enjoy a bit of sweet revenge. :laughing::D