CO 400 - can't see gpx downloads

cmix

I recently boughta CO 400 and upgraded to a premium membership. I downloaded about 15 caches using the GPX eXchange file. For several days, I could see all the caches and notes. All of a sudden, I can no longer see the caches. I am in the Geocaching profile, but they don't show up when using any of the profiles. When I plug the device back into my computer, I can see all the gpx files on the device (Computer>Garmin Colorado(L:)>Colrado>GPX).

I reloaded 3 caches using the same process and the 3 reloads now show up. The gpx files are saved in the exact same folder location as all of the other caches I downloaded and are not duplicated. I even recieved a message on each one when I reloaded them that the file already exists, do I want to overwrite? (I said yes.)

Since the GPSr is new, I know that I have been playing around with settings, but I can't find anything in the settings I have changed that I thought would cause the caches not to show up.

Any thoughts or help?

Where the geocaches marked at "found" causing them to show up on the Found List instead of the default geocache list?

When you say you can't see them are you looking at the map or Geocache list?

None are marked found - and none show up in the found list. I look for them in the Geocache list as well as going to the Where To to try to see them. Tried using the computer and moving the files out of the gpx folder and back in - no change. I'm stumped.

I'm betting your caches are there, and that you can't find them due to being a large distance away from them. Try going to Geocaches/Options/Spell to search by cache name (or code).

I'm sure they are there because I can see them in the GPX folder when I hook up to the computer. I am as close as 1.4 miles to the nearest and maybe 12 miles away from the farthest. Searching by NAME or CODE returns a "No files found" message.

I recently boughta CO 400 and upgraded to a premium membership. I downloaded about 15 caches using the GPX eXchange file. For several days, I could see all the caches and notes. All of a sudden, I can no longer see the caches. I am in the Geocaching profile, but they don't show up when using any of the profiles. When I plug the device back into my computer, I can see all the gpx files on the device (Computer>Garmin Colorado(L:)>Colrado>GPX).

I think that your problem is caused by some Garmin software bugs that have been fixed, resurfaced, then fixed again in the different Colorado software version releases.

You specify that the files are in L:\Colorado\GPX, when in fact they should be in L:\Garmin\GPX. If the files are not in the \Garmin\GPX folder they are not supposed to be displayed on the Colorado. The bugs that have been seen in the various software versions cause the GPSr to see GPX files anywhere on the device. When I was still using my Colorado 300, I had been using it for months with GPX files in a \Support\Caches folder and it did not try to load them, then suddenly one day it started loading those GPX files too. In the most recent software release that problem was fixed for me, but I never knew what caused it to flake out and start showing them when it had ignored them for so long in the other folder.

I would start by moving the files into L:\Garmin\GPX (on your computer) and see if that fixes it for you.

When I plug the device back into my computer, I can see all the gpx files on the device (Computer>Garmin Colorado(L:)>Colrado>GPX).

I would start by moving the files into L:\Garmin\GPX (on your computer) and see if that fixes it for you.

Aplogies - I mistyped. I have the files stored in Computer\Garmin Colorado(L:)\Garmin\GPX. I am running s/w v2.90. Any other thoughts? I'm willing to erase everything and start over, just wanted to try to understand what is happening. (It's hard for us Mech Eng's to comprehend how electrons flow. Gimme a hammer and a torch any day!)