PQ FeatReq - View other PQs

JustAnotherGeek

I've noticed that when I get a PQ run via email...it's a zip file with a numeric code. Instead of calling it by the name that I give it...I guess I can presume that this number is the ID number of my PQ run inside the master PQ database on the server. I've been a member of Geocaching for over 5 years now. Some of my original PQs have really small numbers...where ones I recently created are way up there.

I think that it would be interesting if we could get the server to list (on a map) the centerpoints of other cacher's PQ reports. Clicking on the point would list the start coordinates, or zip, or other cache, and the particular settings for that PQ.

If there is already a PQ that is in my area that has the same settings as what I'm going to set why not be given the capability of Cloning the existing PQ (thereby saving valuable database resources.) I do know that my PQ starting coordinates might be a little different than the existing PQ...but I'm willing to fudge a little bit.

What if that when I run the cloned PQ...it not only emails ME the output...but the original PQ owner his run data too. (Run the report once...send the results twice...or 3...or 4...)

* I know that on my PQ that runs every day...I have it centered on my house. So there will need to be some way of making the displayed start coordinates somewhat fuzzy on the map and in the cloned PQ so that it won't give away my "home" to just anyone. (I would hate for someone to get one of my PQs...learn where my house is...and then rob it when they realize i'm headed out the door to grab a FTF or something.)

What does everyone think?