GPX file contents on Garmin ETrex/GPSMAP units..

Hi,

can anyone please confirm whether when the GPX file is downloaded from the Geochache site via USB to the garmin range with geocache software installed, it sends over the notes/description as well as the co-ords?

Or, will I have to keep my PDA with internet access to view the notes whilst out and about?

Many thnaks in advance,

The Mc's

Hi,

can anyone please confirm whether when the GPX file is downloaded from the Geochache site via USB to the garmin range with geocache software installed, it sends over the notes/description as well as the co-ords?

Or, will I have to keep my PDA with internet access to view the notes whilst out and about?

Many thnaks in advance,

The Mc's

The send to GPX button sends only coordinates and the name of the cache to my Vista HCx. No other info is sent such as hints, description, etc.

thanks for the qucik response Guys, looks like I'll be sticking to WM PDA with beeline gps.

I was looking to get a more accurate GPS unit.

Cheers,

The Mc's

Try a Venture HC (about $125) to go with your PDA carrying all the cache details with GPXView (free).

or

Take a peek at the Garmin oregon and Colorado Units - they are full paperless units.