Cacher is holding our TB

H2"O"

Does Geocaching.com ever contact cachers who are holding TBs? We have one that the current holder had agreed to mail to us, but that was a pretty long time ago and now he doesn't respond to emails. I'm hoping he's just slow getting around to it and it's not that he lost it. I'd like to know one way or the other.

Edited by H2"O"

Does Geocaching.com ever contact cachers who are holding TBs? We have one that the current holder had agreed to mail to us, but that was a pretty long time ago and now he doesn't respond to emails. I'm hoping he's just slow getting around to it and it's not that he lost it. I'd like to know one way or the other.

No, typically they don't. I am curious as to which bug it is, Snoopy or Falling Star?

I always recommend that you not pester someone when you are asking them to release your travel bug. Send the email and then wait. Whatever is happening in their life will pass and they will get back to the task at hand.

I know it's frustrating but at least this guy responded once. That's always a good sign. Give him another month or so and then when you do contact him again be very friendly. Even offer to pay for postage. People are much more likely to respond if they don't feel like they are going to be criticized for taking too long. Happy Caching and getting the bug out of their hands is the goal here.

On a side note, you don't want to post photos showing the tracking number of your bugs. You can use Microsoft paint to smudge it out of the photo.

On another side note, Grant Wood did a lot of his paintings very close to where I live.

Edited by BlueDeuce

BlueDeuce, I just got back to this. It was Snoopy, but since I made the post, I contacted the holder and he mailed the TB to me. Very nice of him! On the side note, that was our first trackable and I didn't even realize I did that until you pointed it out. A side note of my own, I actually own a blue deuce. Thanks!

Edited by H2"O"

Great news about getting your bug back!

I find that these issues are resolved far more often than people might think.

Edit: oh, and you'll want to Grab the bug away from the current holder so it's not in their inventory. Or better yet, Mark it as Missing so it's not in your Drop inventory either. Once you re-release it you can pull it back out.

Happy Caching!

Edited by BlueDeuce