What presents to leave behind

darkserpant

Today will be the first on trying out this geocaching hobby. Let me see if I got this right. You use your GPS to find the treasure box(cache). Then you open it up take a gift that I like and leave something behind that is the same or better then the gift I took. Is this right? WHat about these micro and nano fids. What type of gift fits in these small containers? I guess I could crumble up a $100 bill and stuff that in.(ha ha). But seriously is this how the geocaching works? So far today I went around my house to find some things that aren't to much use to me. I got a couple of blank dvd'd in cases, a microsoft money market software, cost me a little over $40 but I never opened it and don't need it now. I also have some HDMI cables to put into the caches. I found some $2 bills that I can also put in. PLease tell me if these are the right things to take with to trade with caches I will find today. Thanks

You spread a few $100 bills around and people will love you!

A lot of people just get stuff from the $1 store or get hot wheels or things like that. A lot of caches are to small to hold the items you're talking about. The micro and nano caches usually have no room for swag(trade item), so you just sign the logs

Today will be the first on trying out this geocaching hobby. Let me see if I got this right. You use your GPS to find the treasure box(cache). Then you open it up take a gift that I like and leave something behind that is the same or better then the gift I took. Is this right? WHat about these micro and nano fids. What type of gift fits in these small containers? I guess I could crumble up a $100 bill and stuff that in.(ha ha). But seriously is this how the geocaching works? So far today I went around my house to find some things that aren't to much use to me. I got a couple of blank dvd'd in cases, a microsoft money market software, cost me a little over $40 but I never opened it and don't need it now. I also have some HDMI cables to put into the caches. I found some $2 bills that I can also put in. PLease tell me if these are the right things to take with to trade with caches I will find today. Thanks

I have found a few caches that ask just to take for trade dvd's, paperback and kids books, foreign money and CDs. But these type of caches are a bit rare but it sounds to me you just need an ammo can as you have a great collection of stuff to get something new started. Other wise most caches are just fun things for all age kids. My husband has quite a collection on his desk of little trinkets, cool rocks, shells and the other managers love to see what he found this week. He gets so many and trades they back in. We have also gone to leaving foreign coins we have gotten by the pound off of ebay. I don't think they are worth much but they are interesting to look up. Plus with the coins put into a plastic bag I'm always ready to add in the log to keep it safe. Also thinking of making some type of bottle cap swag item as some people are really into collecting these.