Travel Bug with Video

Label083

Hey there,

I am brand new, but thanks to the forum I have had many of my questions answered. I would like to thank everyone for making someone new feel very welcome to geocaching. So here is my idea to get my TB's moving:

I recently purchased two TB's and plan to place them in caches I will soon be hiding. Included with the TB's (either attached directly or placed in the cache) will be a small note for the person who takes/logs the TB. This note will notify the logger that he/she will be e-mailed a special link once logging of the TB is completed.

This "special" link will direct them to a short video that I have personally created. The video will be posted on one of the many fine sites out there. Each TB will have a different video associated with it.

So here is my question...

Would you as a finder, be more inclined to log the TB to have a private viewing of the video made for geocachers only?

Welcome!

I would say I would be reluctant to log your bug if it would result in me getting unsolicited email. A "special" link for a short video makes me think I'm about to get a timeshare pitch.

and that's fine if it is, but why not just put the link on the bug page and let me choose to watch it?

If it's a friendly personal video, people will log that they enjoyed it and other will watch it too. If you are sending out spam I thinking you'll probably get a few unsolicited emails of your own. And possibly a complaint sent to Groundspeak since the system states Commercial emails are not allowed through this tool.

Commercial link or not, I recommend you put the link directly on the bug page.

Happy Caching!