cache advice

wulfgar_117

I'm thinking about putting a cache in a spot I found while hiking. It's in a wash, and there's a rock wall that I scrambled up, probably about 15 or 20 feet up. There's a perfect spot for a cache, and since it's in a wash it has to be that high, and I think it would be a funny place to put a cache.(it's an unpublished trail but it leads to a cool place) Should I make it a microcache or a medium size cache? I think micro just for the simplicity, and you wouldn't have to fiddle with more stuff or have to climb back down to fiddle with the loot, but my mom thinks that it isn't worth the climb if there's just a log. What would you do? Thanks for opinions

Everyone would like to see the larger containers, but it may not always be possible.

Does "hanging out" at the spot create a risk of losing one's balance and falling ?

Everyone's not built the same. One may be able to stay put while signing and trading, while another may have to bring everything down with them and then replace it.

I believe YOU have the right idea.

If the wall leads one to "a cool place", couldn't it simply be a stage with coordinates in a multi ?

Most going after this kind of hide wouldn't be looking for anything extra to carry. They'd be after the final spot you wanted them to see, not the swag.

Cache safe.

I think Mom wins this discussion.

Said wall monkey boy climbed would be fairly safe for the average joe to climb, stand at and fiddle with cache, and descend back down.

We're still debating cache size, multi-stage, etc.

Heh, heh -- Hundewanderer signed in as Wulfgar_117

Edited by wulfgar_117