Nuvi 760

shivia

Sure. Just send the data from the nuvi to MapSource. Then do whatever you want with it.

- thanks. Before i buy CN, i want to make sure if i can create a routes on CN installed on my pc and load it up to 760. it's hard and annoying job to create routes directly on 760.

Edited by shivia

The nuvi comes with the maps preloaded although it doesn't come with MapSource, but you can call Garmin and get them to send you the disk for free for use with your nuvi.

The nuvi 7xx series can store 10 routes and will accept them from MapSource. If you want to unlock the CN maps for your 60Csx, then you would need to purchase the full version for that.

The nuvi comes with the maps preloaded although it doesn't come with MapSource, but you can call Garmin and get them to send you the disk for free for use with your nuvi.

The nuvi 7xx series can store 10 routes and will accept them from MapSource. If you want to unlock the CN maps for your 60Csx, then you would need to purchase the full version for that.

- I have everything now...i.e MapSource and NT 2009 unlocked on my pc. Now, I create a route, save it. and then load it to 760. Pop up message from mapsource telling me everything is ok and well loaded to my device (760). No error message. BUT, but where this routes stores on my 760?

- I try to navigate in 760 finding this route's file, but nothing found.

Do you know by default, where the route file stores in 760?

thanks.

On my Nuvi 750, routes have to go through an "import" procedure after downloading. Hit Tools-My Data-Import Route from File"; then go to Tools-Routes to view it and make changes.

If you haven't done so, take a peek at the Nuvi POI macro. It will essentially convert your Nuvi into a PDA for viewing cache web page information.

BTW you will not be able to download tracks to the Nuvi - only waypoints, maps, and routes.

On my Nuvi 750, routes have to go through an "import" procedure after downloading. Hit Tools-My Data-Import Route from File"; then go to Tools-Routes to view it and make changes.

If you haven't done so, take a peek at the Nuvi POI macro. It will essentially convert your Nuvi into a PDA for viewing cache web page information.

BTW you will not be able to download tracks to the Nuvi - only waypoints, maps, and routes.

- I got it. all my bicycle trips now in my 760.

- you make my day, friend. :D

- BIG thanks

My buddy is interested in a Nuvi for off-road navigation. He wants to load it with topo maps and be able to save multiple tracks as well as load multiple tracks. For instance, I can send him tracks from my archive of 4x4 trails and he can use them to navigate on his Nuvi.

If we can't upload tracks to it, are routes a feasible alternative? I'm guessing they're not since they won't have the resolution of a track file, plus our trails aren't always indicated on the topo maps, either.

Can anyone confirm that?

GeoBC