Powers To Be

Moss Trooper

And I wont appologise for this post.

OK..

So someone has removed a thread that was in a way a bit naughty.. Bad Boy Hornet.. tsk tsk..

But what was it about..

Someone.. ME Trying to raise funds to help those who have fought and been maimed in the name of FREEDOM OF SPEACH.

Why use Geocaching.com forum.. simple .. I am known.. good or bad and it is a quick simple way to inform a lot of folks of a little effort on my part to help those who have given.

I hope that those on the other side of the pond and are so quick to condemn never have to live with having close family in a war zone God forbid come home maimed, and find that someone bends the rules in their support.

Enough said..

Please note that I will never come into your forum again.. please feel free to delete my account.

Moss Trooper..

AKA Ian Paterson

PS.. this is in no way an indictment to the UK forum moderators or reviewers for who I have the most admiration.. poor buggers

PPS I think Jeremy should start to look at how things are going..

PPPS T*rracacheing an Navicache could have an upsurge in UK

BYE BYE AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH!!

Hello Moss Trooper.

I invite you to read the Forum Guidelines. They state the following:

It is Groundspeak's desire to maintain forums for the purpose of promoting the activity of geocaching and GPS usage. As a result, we intend to limit forum discussions that promote a commercial, social, political or charitable agenda insofar as the agenda does not reasonably relate to the activity of geocaching and GPS usage. Therefore, threads or posts perceived to have been made with the intent of promoting any of the above agendas will not be permitted. Please note that our Volunteer Forum Moderators are authorized to exercise their discretion in providing some reasonable latitude for forum discussion postings relating to local events and issues in local discussion forums. Notwithstanding the above, Groundspeak reserves the right to include or permit the inclusion of limited commercial content in this forum, in its sole discretion.

You have no idea whether anyone here has "close family in a war zone God forbid come home maimed." Either way, that has nothing to do with geocaching so it's not relevant here.

Oh the irony. I am going to add this post I typed...

My nephew is about to go on his third tour there. Do I feel the need to post a charity topic in these forums to get people to help support the charity I am involved related to this? Not hardly. What about the work I do with abused children. I think this is the first time I've even hinted here about it, but I won't tell you which one it is. It is irrelevant. Why?

This is a geocaching forum. We discuss geocaching here.

Do you remember what geocaching is? It is a game. It is fun. It is something where you go out and grab your GPS and enjoy playing with it and finding something that someone took the time to hide for you. They hid it so you can have some fun. You also can play by hiding caches for others to find so they can have some fun. Families go out and spend some time together. Some folks like to go out and get away from pressures of work and of life in general. Some see new and different places they have never seen before. Some travel specifically to just go geocaching and have fun. See the theme in geocaching? Fun!

Why you and a few others have to continue to bring angst and depression and controversy to such a simple game is a question that I do not understand and that I cannot answer. I guess only you can. You and others are the ones that cause the grief here. You are others are the ones creating the controversy. Groundspeak has said that they want this to be a light, fun activity. Why is this such a big deal? Why will you and others not let people just have fun playing a game? Why do you and others have to force your agenda on people?

For what its worth, I am glad you talked about the other two sites. Reading the GAGB Forums, I've seen that the other sites are ignoring contact request from the GAGB Committee Members. I saw the topic from a couple of weeks ago where Alan White made a mistake on his Navi registration and was ignored with email and forum requests. He never followed up with any report of whether they ever responded. Groundspeak is more than willing to work with the GAGB and the volunteers that review caches are well versed in the concerns and local issues regarding cache placements. The other sites ignore you totally. Terra does it by design and there is nothing you can do about that it seems. Navidoesn't seem to have the personnel. I read about what the GAGB members said about how slow that site is even with very few caches and very small membership. Groundspeak keeps adding hardware and keeps upgrading software and making the site more and more feature driven and user friendly. Groundspeak is always willing to assist and accommodate geocaching related items. The track record for all of these web sites speaks for itself.

Topic closed again.