Where can i get geocoins from the UK

Whitelaw's

i have had this problem for a long time as I only know one retailer of geocoins which is UKgeocachers.co.uk and i dont want to offend them but they sell them at a complete rip off!!

is there anywhere else i can buy them without have to order them from overseas

There are several independent producers of coins in the UK, Berkshire Search & Rescue Dogs, Mega Scotland, Lancashire Geocoins to name but a few - do a little research on the UK forums and I am sure you will find reference to lots more - and whilst you're looking - you might notice that UKGeocachers.co.uk are not as much of a rip off as you seem to think !

When you say "I want to be able to buy some nice geocoins from the UK..." do you mean simply that you want to buy through a UK supplier, or that you want geocoins which relate to the UK, like the various regional geocoins (Cornwall, NW England, East Anglian, Scotland, Wales etc. etc)?

Within the UK, I think that UK Geocachers probably offer the best (but limited) selection of geocoins: I've always had very good, prompt service from them. Compared to the USA, there are very few individuals producing their own geocoins within UK - probably under 10 each year. I know that there's a South Wales geocoin 'in discussion' and I'm guessing that the Second UK Mega Committee will probably be planning a geocoin relating to that event. For up to date news about UK specific geocoins look at the pinned Topics at the top of the UK forum.

I follow the news of new geocoins 'in production' from this forum and I get most of my geocoins direct from USA producers. Again, I've always had excellent service from those I've used - admittedly, with the exchange rate the way it is, this is not a great time to be buying from USA. :)

It's worth keeping an eye on Ebay UK too - there are some UK sellers on there who offer free postage within UK for their geocoin auctions.

MrsB :o

i have had this problem for a long time as I only know one retailer of geocoins which is UKgeocachers.co.uk and i dont want to offend them but they sell them at a complete rip off!!

is there anywhere else i can buy them without have to order them from overseas

Rip off???? How can you say that? Try buying coins on the US market and have them shipped to the UK to see what "standard" prices would be over there. As someone already has said; look at Ebay for the true wild prices people are willing to pay.