One bug for three vehicles?

Team K&L

I'm just getting started in Geocaching and have an "etiquette" question about a vehicle bug. As Team K&L we have a car, truck and motorcycle. When we go places other than work, we take whatever vehicle fills the need for the trip. Is it unfair to get one magnetic bug and just move it to the "vehicle of the day"? Yes, we could purchase three of them but we think we would enjoy knowing our bug was spotted while we were out and about vs. just sitting at work. I (K) will have a cache at my place of employment soon but there are some near L's work place.

We are enjoying this so far and even got our son-in-law (combatmedic1) hooked on it last weekend! We don't want to "cheat" so I thought I'd get on here and ask for some advice!

Thanks! :laughing:

Just to clarify, the bug will only be on one vehicle at a time. I will probably keep it on my truck unless we decide to take the motorcycle or car out on an adventure then we'll move it that day. It will be no different than if we take the truck everywhere. I'd just as soon have the bug moving than sitting in our driveway if we use a different ride.

I think vehicle bug tags are great. I have one on my Mazda MX5 called "MX5" (creative!). I log it in and out on each cache it takes me to - its a summer toy and doesn't get used all that often. Also goes to events in the good weather for discovery. A few of the local cachers also have a tag on their vehicles. Something different.

In December my wife (Palamino) were driving on Ontario's highway 400 and came up behind an SUV with a sticker on it, took a while for it to register but eventually the brain clued in and realized it was a TB. Pulled out to pass and had Palamino note the number and we logged a discovery when we got home. First time for that and haven't found one since on the highway. Another fun part of caching. :D