Navigating with GPXMAP 60Cx

First, I am new to Geocaching and still learning. So, if these are stupid questions, be kind!!

I received the 60Cx for Christmas and have a couple of questions. This weekend while hunting, I did the find function and then the GoTo option. The GPS pointed in the right direction, but when I got close to the target, the arrow started pointing the opposite direction and telling me I was 20 feet off. When I looked at the satellite page, the coordinates were the same as the cache coordinates. I found the cache, but was confused by what the GoTo screen was telling me. At one point, the pointer went away all together. At that point, I recalibrated the compass and started over.

Is this common for the distance to jump around like what I describe or am I doing something wrong? Do most of you use the GoTo function when caching or is there a better way?

First, I am new to Geocaching and still learning. So, if these are stupid questions, be kind!!

I received the 60Cx for Christmas and have a couple of questions. This weekend while hunting, I did the find function and then the GoTo option. The GPS pointed in the right direction, but when I got close to the target, the arrow started pointing the opposite direction and telling me I was 20 feet off. When I looked at the satellite page, the coordinates were the same as the cache coordinates. I found the cache, but was confused by what the GoTo screen was telling me. At one point, the pointer went away all together. At that point, I recalibrated the compass and started over.

Is this common for the distance to jump around like what I describe or am I doing something wrong? Do most of you use the GoTo function when caching or is there a better way?

Completely normal. Imagine a circle 20 feet across, with a rabbit inside the circle. The rabbit, with a single hop, can land anywhere inside the circle, but he never lands outside the circle. Okay, now imagine you're 100 feet away from this strange sight. Take your finger and point at the rabbit. Every time he hops, move your finger to continue to point at him. Since you're 100 feet away, your finger is only moving a little bit, maybe an inch or two with each hop. Now imagine you're inside the circle, right in the middle. Now try to continue to point at the rabbit. You're swinging wildly around with each hop. First it's in front of you, then behind you, then to your right. But the rabbit is doing exactly the same thing as when you were only moving your finger a few inches.

The rabbit is the normal GPS error. Your finger is the navigation arrow. As you get closer to the cache, the GPS error become more apparent, even though it hasn't actually changed.