GPS advice please

Hi All,

I'm a complete GeoCache virgin looking to get started and would like some advice on a GPS unit. (I hope I've posted this in the correct area).

I think I've narrowed it down to 2 the Garmin GPS60 and the Garming Etrex Venture HC.

I'm on a budget and £100 is about my limit, so with both units around that on amazon they seem good.

I was sold on the GPS60 but tried my friend's and while in the centre of Canterbury it lost signal (presumably because of the buildings in the high street) this put me off the unit, so I looked again on the garmin site and found the Venture HC, this still has USB (very important for me) but has the high sens receiver. I'm not too fussed on the map feature but could poss use it in the future (once I've saved up! ha ha).

I would also like to use the GPS while mountainbiking through woods so a good reception is one of my main features.

One last question, before you all fall asleep, what do Garmin mean when they say that a unit is Geocaching Friendly, does that mean it shows the little treasure chests etc?

Any advice greatly received, I'm even open to the possibility of buying a second hand one if anyone has exactly what they think I need.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

Adrian

If using on a mountain bike the etrex is smaller and I have a handlebar bracket that works well for my etrex hcx vista.

Geocache friendly means it will show the chests, more you onto the next closest cache when you have found one, log it in the calendar with the date and time when you have found it etc, useful but I wouldn't buy a GPS just for that feature personally.

From what I have read in the past both units are good, the etrex venture HC should keep its signal in woods, not sure if the GPS60 as the high sensitive receiver.

This question has been asked before in these forums so its worth looking through the topic boxes.

Hope this helps.