Sending verification image.

headbum

I have just started doind earthcaches and am not sure how to email the image through geocaching.com's site. Most of the caches do not want the image posted as part of the log. I understand that but when sending email I see no way to attach an image to the note. I have tried to send a note from my system by using just the email address if listed but my system always fails on sending the message saying something about needing verification or something. If I get an email from someone and reply with an image attached it seems to work. It would be nice to attach it via the geocaching.com's site and be done with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Headbum

There isn't a way to email the photo through the system.

Some cache owners list their actual email address on their profile page and those can sometimes accept images. You have to open your email client and put the address in yourself to send an attachment that way--you can't use the geocaching one. Although some people use throw-away accounts for this--and they shouldn't ask for photos because those accounts often have such limited storage space they won't accept an image. Of course, you can try editing the photo to make it smaller.

I've never been to an EarthCache that requests no photos on the logs. I have seen a couple that ask you not to post a spoiler photo that gives away the answer to a question.

If you run into an EarthCache owner that wants a photo but doesn't want it posted to the cache page, you might mention (nicely) the system really isn't set up to handle things that way very efficiently and suggest they ask for a specific non-spoiler photo instead.

For example, they could request "A photo of you and your gps in front of the rock--but NOT in front of the sign" (for those folks that just have you answer questions off some sign).

Edited by Neos2

got a PM with the earthcache - it is weird!!

"..email a picture of you and your gps with ..." - and the email address isnt provided on his profile!

also kind of odd that the owner is one of 3 finders! guess he does things a little different :D

Here is an option - put your picture in your log, and email him the requested answers with a link to the picture in your log. That would probably work!