how do I report a cache that is in violation of being to close to an active rail road track?

cb12374

Vinny- Just as a point of information wood can also be "machined". Generally we call it milling or turning but it is still a form of machining.

Thanks for pointing this out, and I was aware of that fact when writing my post, but I also considered the fact that in real life, anyone who works with wood in a shop, or even as a casual carpenter, would never bother to call such activities by the name "machining" -- except perhaps when working with some very hard exotic hardwoods (such as ironwood, which I use here sometimes... amazing stuff...) which are as hard as steel -- and rather, anyone halfway familiar with working wood would tend to use the terms "working", milling, or "turning", as you said. So, I chose not to bother to mention that possibility!

However, I am still rather taken aback that the OP suddenly tried to shift the focus of the thread to the topic of machining metal! I guess that she/he got embarrassed at having their secret agenda discovered, and wanted to change the topic really quickly!

I didn't change the subject. I said that I never thought that a fence may be the difference that I didn't think about as to why my cache got denied and the others approved. and there was no secret agenda. just someone trying to get answers. so excuse me for not being the most eloquent speaker on the plaint. and for wording things wrong.

Don't let it bother you, just live and learn!! If you make it down to the Jackson area or below, give me a yell and I'll join you for some caching!!! And, if you already haven't check into MiGO, we're here if you'd like to join in!

well I'm trying not to let it get to me. but it seems like no matter how I phrase it or anything when I ask a question about a cache as to why it got approved and a similar cache of mine gets denied and I try to find out why so I can learn what I'm doing wrong I piss everyone off and get called a cache cop. when all I'm trying to do is get a better understanding of what I may have over looked. and as far as getting south of Jackson goes I live by three rivers, MI.

Best way to find your answers would be to read the guidelines for placement and, if you have questions, ask Rusty. Rusty really is a great reviewer, he's helpful and very knowledgeable of the cache placement guidelines!!

I tend to avoid the reviewers do to the last time something like this happened I asked a reviewer what the difference was and he refused to discus it with me and just got all pissed off because I didn't have a perfect understand of the guidelines. and I did read them. and when I find a spot to place a cache I try to find a cache that is placed under the circumstances and conditions to review and use as a model for mine to insure that I didn't misunderstand anything. and that I'm not doing anything wrong. but when there's something as simple as a fence evolved that makes the difference and I over look that and everyone thinks that I have a secret agenda when I use a published cache as an example as to why it isn't braking the law or rules and mine was I get called a cache cop and I piss everyone off and they intern say things that piss me off like accusing me of having a secret agenda. so in other words it seems that almost everyone in this sport would rather get all pissed off it people that are trying to learn instead of helping them.

I think you just hit a nerve with some people. Just shake it off. I can see why you'd be confused after reading this thread. If a cache is really in the center of that above photo with the idiot illegally parked, then it seems clear that it would violate the guidelines. I would contact your friendly local reviewer.....and be friendly!

first of all the photo is not of the cache that I was referring to. but it is a fine example of how the reviewers will let one cache slide do to the loose guidelines but use them to stop another. if it applies to one it should apply to all. and if there's a special circumstance that a catcher enquires about people shouldn't get all upset and refuse to answer the question. they should help them understand what that circumstance is for future reference. but apparently that is to much to ask for from most of the people on this sport.

I'm not sure what to tell you. If people find that cache then it tells them that's it OK. To me it's a bad example and shouldn't be allowed. So my assumption is that it slipped through the cracks. You-know-what happens sometimes....