Pocket Query Question

AtlasHiker

When I try to run a pocket query with both "Are available to all users" and "Are for members only" I get no results returned yet when I select one or the other I get results. Is there a way to select both and still get results?

They are mutually exclusive. As far as I know it's impossible to be both.

When I try to run a pocket query with both "Are available to all users" and "Are for members only" I get no results returned yet when I select one or the other I get results. Is there a way to select both and still get results?

That would make sense though I'm not sure why you can't do both. I guess if they're both mutually exclusive I'll have to run two queries or, depending on how many member's only caches there are in my area, just manually load them onto the GPS. Thanks for the reply. :)

No.

A cache cannot be both "available to all users" and "for members only". For a cache to be included in the query, it has to meet all the selected criteria.

That would make sense though I'm not sure why you can't do both. I guess if they're both mutually exclusive I'll have to run two queries or, depending on how many member's only caches there are in my area, just manually load them onto the GPS. Thanks for the reply. :)

If you don't select either, you'll get both.

Sounds a bit backward but that's how it works.

If you want all caches, don't select either.

There are several mutally exclusive criteria settings that exist in the PQ setup. For any ONE cache to exist, it has to fulfill all of the criteria. The PQ generator uses a logical "AND" not "OR".

Here's a list of the combinations that should not be allowed on the PQ generator:

• I Have Found/I Have NOT Found
  • I Own/I do NOT Own
  • Are available to all users/Are for members only
  • Caches I'm Watching/Caches I'm Ignoring
  • Caches Found in the last 7 days/Caches that have NOT been found

Seems simple enough, but they haven't changed these selections since the PQ generator went live. I suggested this format first back about 2 years ago...

There are several mutally exclusive criteria settings that exist in the PQ setup. For any ONE cache to exist, it has to fulfill all of the criteria. The PQ generator uses a logical "AND" not "OR".

Here's a list of the combinations that should not be allowed on the PQ generator:

• I Have Found/I Have NOT Found
  • I Own/I do NOT Own
  • Are available to all users/Are for members only
  • Caches I'm Watching/Caches I'm Ignoring
  • Caches Found in the last 7 days/Caches that have NOT been found

Seems simple enough, but they haven't changed these selections since the PQ generator went live. I suggested this format first back about 2 years ago...

Having designed user interface software for devices with much more complexity than a pocket query, I agree with Markwell on this. Combinations that are mutually exclusive should not be allowed to be selected.

But since they have not changed the interface , just remember this:

If nothing is selected - all caches are returned.

Anything you select, restricts the caches that are returned to only those that meet that criteria.

If a cache does not meet all of the criteria selected, it won't be returned.