Garmin Oregon 400t

Turfscape

For what its worth my Colorado had doen the same thing a couple of times. It was loading and then just faded out and shut off. I am not sure what I did to get it back on...eventually it did turn on. I don't think you can even do a hard reset without the power. Have you tried hooking it up to the computer to see if you can get it on that way?

Here is a better explaination of what happend Was route maped to one location then on the MAPs screen told it to go to a geocache. It started calculating then it just went dead. Had it plugged to garmin car addator for power and good batteries. Every time I started it up again it would load up to the main screen then 2 seconds later just shut off.

I tried computer cord and new batteries but all ways the same thing. Long story short I took the maps SD card out and started it up again. It stopped and said it could not calculate roads, I pressed OK and it is working fine now. I have now added the Roads SD back and it is still good.

Full Story and now it is working fine.

Was route maped to one location then on the MAPs screen told it to go to a geocache. It started calculating then it just went dead. Had it plugged to garmin car addator for power and good batteries. Every time I started it up again it would load up to the main screen then 2 seconds later just shut off.

I tried computer cord and new batteries but all ways the same thing. Long story short I took the maps SD card out and started it up again. It stopped and said it could not calculate roads, I pressed OK and it is working fine now. I have now added the Roads SD back and it is still good.

I hope you've been using USB cords and chargers that were made for the Oregon. When mine died, I was told that I had fried it by using the USB cord from my other Garmin. Luckily REI took it back. BTW I found this out from REI not Garmin.

You were given incorrect information. It's a standard USB port. You were told that either by a moron, or someone who was trying to sell you expensive cables from their store. I'm guessing both.