Will there be a new version of the builder?

Skarek

I just wonder if there will be a new version of the builder? It's more than 6 months since the last release. As it is an alpha you could almost think we could be supplied with "night builds"... Are there any development going on at all?

About when could there be a new release? 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year from now?

Groundspeak is working on a new java based Wherigo player for mobile devices. I think that's why the development of the builder is temperorly stopped. I agree they do not commincate very well about the development of Wherigo.

Yeah, right.... is the priority of a player for another platform priority to the almost useless builder...??!!!

I agree they do not commincate very well about the development of Wherigo.

This is the least that can be said :cry:

I have released two cartridges in July 2008 ('Versailles_chateau.gwc' and 'Montfort_1.gwc') but using the current version of the Builder is too painful : I am waiting for a "less-bugged" release of the tool to build my third level.

Hope it will be before end of this new year :D

Groundspeak is working on a new java based Wherigo player for mobile devices. I think that's why the development of the builder is temperorly stopped. I agree they do not commincate very well about the development of Wherigo.

Well, it's somewhat understandable. If they are looking at a Java based player, it would be better to wait and see how that might affect the builder.

I was expecting support of my Web-based builder ("Earwigo") to consume a lot of time, but it hasn't so far (probably because I'm limiting testing to people who are already reasonably familiar with Wherigo concepts).

So if you want to try it, please send me a mail via my profile.

Note to avoid disappointment: it generates Lua files which can be read by the Groundspeak builder, provided you don't use any of my extra features. But it does not read existing Lua files.