New to Triton Mapping

brisey612

I just got a Triton 300 for Christmas. I realize that it dosn't have an external sd card, but i was wondering if I could donwload a differnt basemap. I am going to be using the gps for geocaching in Wisconsin and Minnesota. Because we will rarely use it out of WI or MN, I was wanting to get a detailed map because the basemap that is currently in the system.... well sucks. Are there any free maps out there (I'm a college student, had to ask), if not I have heard NatGeo might be the way to go. Any advice would be absolutely wonderful!

I just got a Triton 300 for Christmas. I realize that it dosn't have an external sd card, but i was wondering if I could donwload a differnt basemap. I am going to be using the gps for geocaching in Wisconsin and Minnesota. Because we will rarely use it out of WI or MN, I was wanting to get a detailed map because the basemap that is currently in the system.... well sucks. Are there any free maps out there (I'm a college student, had to ask), if not I have heard NatGeo might be the way to go. Any advice would be absolutely wonderful!

First, I would suggest that you visit Tritonforum.com <http://www.tritonforum.com/forum/>. It is full of useful information.

As for your question about free maps, you can make you own and it is free! Tritonforum.com has a tutorial.

Clement