Travel Bug Race

AquaDad

This TB ( TB2B1T3 ) showed up in our cache today and is in a race of it's own. The Goal identifies the following point scoring activities:

Current GOAL: Please help me. I am in a race with 3 other family member’s travel Bugs. We are being judged on the following items:

1. Who travels the farthest

2. Who travels the farthest in on hop

3. Who travels the farthest from Houston, TX

4. Who travels the fastest

5. Who visits the most Caches

6. Average time spend in a Cache

I like some of the new ones I haven't seen before. Not sure exactly how #4 will be calculated as I can see a couple of ways to define that. #6 seems like a great stat to track for with lowest time over course of race being winner.

Sioux Falls Travel Bug Racing Cache A different twist on races I have seen. 2007 Eastern South Dakota International Travel Bug Race. This one sets a finish line cache in the US and somehow got the entry TBs all released in designated caches in Australia.

As incentive to bring the TBs to the finish a mystery cache was created and the only way to get coords was to find a bug and drop it at the finish cache.

Edited by AquaDad

Hello AquaDad. I see you mentioned a TB race that somehow got the participants all released from Australia. I don't know if this is how they all got released from Australia, but here's a possibility. One of the geocachers on this site, Aushiker, started a thread asking for people worldwide to reply if they would be interested in releasing trackable items in their area for other geocachers. There was a very big response from volunteers and he ended up creating a very user friendly web page where you could see the list of volunteers and find links to their profiles on gc.com . If his web page is something you are interested in viewing here is a link for it World TB Release Register . Being snowed in here in Michigan I've used it to get 11 of my TBs released all over the U.S. and the world. Aushiker did a fabulous job creating the register page for all of us to utilize!!! I'll be watching the forums to see if you start a TB race with a registration that's opened to everybody. I've got a TB in the race mentioned 3 posts above and would love to get involved in another. I hope this helps you out. Happy caching!!! :laughing: