Where are you going?

Paganmen

:wub: I enjoy finding TB's and like to help them move on. I usually find two types of TB's in caches. Those that are just the TB with an attached dog tag and those that are enclosed in a zipped sandwich bag containing a print out listing it's goal.

The problem with the first type is that I have no idea what the goal is for the TB until I get home and log my finds. I don't check cache descriptions before heading out. Even if I did, that TB may not be listed there. Sometimes I am in another state and have taken a TB in the complete wrong direction from it's goal. Now you could say, "Just leave it if you don't know it's goal" but in that case, I would say that most TB's would never be moved by most cachers. If you find a TB hotel, who knows what you'll find in there. For instance, I found one the other day (in a regular cache) and took it 25 miles back to where it just came from and dropped it into another cache. When I got home and logged it, I found out that it was heading in the opposite direction. Oh, well.

When I find the second type in a cache I instantly know what it's goal is. I can decide whether to take it or leave it for the next cacher. I know if I should drop it off somewhere else the same day or hold on to it a little longer.

Personally, I think the second type of TB makes more sense and I wish more owners would choose to enclose a printed goal with their TB's. What do the rest of you think? :)

I agree completely. It would be a lot easier getting a bug further on its journey if I know what that journey is. I have seen many in a ziplock with all the travel papers needed but I have also seem many with nothing attached.

Recently I found on the Washington State Geocaching Association page this TB sheet that fits into a ziplock bag. Or this page from Tucker has all the forms you need for caches and TBs.

Personally the best I have seen (only seen a couple times though) are small laminated info sheets that are attached to the bug its self.

Personally the best I have seen (only seen a couple times though) are small laminated info sheets that are attached to the bug its self.

I highly recommend adding a laminated tag to your TBs. You can find the self-adhesive ones in the luggage section of your local stuffmart. I also have a handy dandy corner rounder that takes off the sharp edges.

If you come across bugs that could benefit from having a goal sheet you can email the owner and ask if they would like you to add one for them. Whether that be a laminated tag or simply printing sheet and throwing it into a baggie. (Never add or remove anything from a bug without the owner's permission)

eb655710-2f6f-4a8a-b011-2098647a2995.jpg

I highly recommend adding a laminated tag to your TBs. You can find the self-adhesive ones in the luggage section of your local stuffmart. I also have a handy dandy corner rounder that takes off the sharp edges.

If you come across bugs that could benefit from having a goal sheet you can email the owner and ask if they would like you to add one for them. Whether that be a laminated tag or simply printing sheet and throwing it into a baggie. (Never add or remove anything from a bug without the owner's permission)

I never thought about using my corner rounder on my laminated tags. My bugs have only been out there for less than a year and the tags are looking pretty sad on some of the pics I've seen. Hoping they hold up.

I never thought about using my corner rounder on my laminated tags. My bugs have only been out there for less than a year and the tags are looking pretty sad on some of the pics I've seen. Hoping they hold up.

I try not to use the full tag so I usually trim it down by half. I still include all the pertinent logging and goal information but I keep it brief. The bigger the tag the more likely it'll get bent and creased and then fall apart.

Once cut those corner edges are sharp! I could use my scissors but the rounder cost me a buck and it makes it look much cleaner than I could do by hand.

I like a good 1/4 inch edge so there's plenty of area to adhesive together. Then I use the round part of my scissor handle to make sure it's pressed together hard.

If your tags are falling apart try contacting the next finder to see if you can mail them a new one. I do that, especially if I've changed the goal.

What the heck is a corner rounder? Where do you get one? Do you laminate it at home? I LOVE the laminated tags we have come across. It REALLY helps us decide if we can help the bug.

What the heck is a corner rounder? Where do you get one? Do you laminate it at home? I LOVE the laminated tags we have come across. It REALLY helps us decide if we can help the bug.

Holy cats! I was contacted off line about this thing too. I thought it was just boring shop talk for people really into laminating tags. :):)

I got mine from Michaels Arts & Crafts Store. I think I found it in one of their Dollar bins but you would definitely find one in the scrapbook section. Or try your local stuffmart.

I use self-laminating tags that you can pick up in the luggage of your local stuffmart (aka big box store, Walmart)

I'll have to look into providing the word template I use to downsize the bug instructions.

corner-rounder.gif

cp6a.jpg

Edited by BlueDeuce