New to Geocaching - It's Amazing

davidarussell

Greetings all. I just wanted to say hello! I have recently discovered the amazing fun of geocaching after downloading the geocaching app for my iPhone 3G. I first heard of geocaching years ago, but never got into it and didn't really have the hardware. Within a couple of days of playing with the iPhone app, I was out on my first hunt with my son and loving every second of it. Totally hooked!

It seems like many of the posts on the board here are folks with questions or problems. Right now, I have neither, but I am sure I will along the way. I hope it's okay to just say hello for now—and to say that I am so impressed with the size of this community and how well it appears everyone takes care of each other. I am very much looking forward to hanging out here and enjoying geocaching with all of you.

Greetings all. I just wanted to say hello! I have recently discovered the amazing fun of geocaching after downloading the geocaching app for my iPhone 3G. I first heard of geocaching years ago, but never got into it and didn't really have the hardware. Within a couple of days of playing with the iPhone app, I was out on my first hunt with my son and loving every second of it. Totally hooked!

It seems like many of the posts on the board here are folks with questions or problems. Right now, I have neither, but I am sure I will along the way. I hope it's okay to just say hello for now—and to say that I am so impressed with the size of this community and how well it appears everyone takes care of each other. I am very much looking forward to hanging out here and enjoying geocaching with all of you.

Hello and welcome to geocaching. It is a lot of fun. It will create great memories for you and your son. There is a lot of different areas in the forum to visit and participate in. Have fun and Happy New Year!

Greetings all. I just wanted to say hello! I have recently discovered the amazing fun of geocaching ...

...I am very much looking forward to hanging out here and enjoying geocaching with all of you.

Glad you're having fun - that's what we like to hear! :laughing:

At the very top of this forum you'll see the pinned "Frequently asked questions about Geocaching" - Lots of useful stuff there and plenty of folks around here who'll give you the benefit of their 'geocaching wisdom'.

MrsB

Hello and welcome to this great new found hobby! We are new too but we had lots of questions ..and everyone is great and answers them ..you will see "Neos2" is always ready to answer! Lots of great people on this site! Also "Schwachs" he great with information! Getting Started ..I am from the West as I check the west and southwest forum also .."Getting Started is my favorite though ..Have fun!

Edited by geodc

I find it very interesting. Here on the island of Oahu, Hawaii, there are bunches of places for geocaching and just general hiking. On today's hike with one of the kids we set two way points, wandered down a couple of trails to a drop off and then to a stream. Lots of fun, lots of sights, and it was interesting checking the elevation at times. We ended at 600' for the maximum. Next week we walk back to the end of the valley.

Not only is it amazing... it's addicting!

Have fun! :wub: