GolfLogix and blue Legend

barnabasbenn

Does anyone know if the golflogix firmware download will work in the blue legend,they both look identical other than the color

I just looked at the golflogix gps you are talking about, I don't think those units are internally similar. If I had to guess by the button layout and screen size/type it looks like an EtrexH. Notice above the screen on the golflogix says High sensitivity? only the newer Etrex models use that type of chipset. also notice that the golflogix model doesn't have a click-stick, only the EtrexH is configured this way.

It may be possible to load that firmware to the EtrexH, though I don't think I would try it.

Does anyone know if the golflogix firmware download will work in the blue legend,they both look identical other than the color

I just looked at the golflogix gps you are talking about, I don't think those units are internally similar. If I had to guess by the button layout and screen size/type it looks like an EtrexH. Notice above the screen on the golflogix says High sensitivity? only the newer Etrex models use that type of chipset. also notice that the golflogix model doesn't have a click-stick, only the EtrexH is configured this way.

It may be possible to load that firmware to the EtrexH, though I don't think I would try it.

Yeah your probably right,it was just a thought.That thing is so cool though,all the courses I play can be downloaded to it.Guess I will wait for the price to come down more.