oregon 400t

gramacindy

i recently got the oregon 400t and have several geo-cahes loaded into it, (ok, a lot) we are heading to Missouri, via Iowa for Christmas and I would really like to load more geos into it... what's up. i only have aprox 200 loaded now and it claims to have 1000 possible geos. Also, how do i delete found or unnessesary geos?

I'm guessing you are loading the caches one at a time using "Send to GPS". Every time you do this it creates a single gpx file on the Oregon and the Oregon is limited to a maximum of 200 gpx files.

Most people run pocket queries and load these onto the Oregon. A pocket query is a file that contains up to 500 caches. This will allow you to easily get to the 2000 geocache limit of the Oregon using only a few files.

Details can be found here:

http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/Geocaching

BTW, in order to delete the files that are already on your Oregon look in [drive]:\Garmin\GPX when your Oregon is connected to your computer, you should see a bunch of files called GCXXXXX.gpx where XXXXX is the cache id of the caches you've loaded.