Garmin 60 CSx & Mapsource Ver 6

MisterNixter

Introduced my daughter and her family to geocaching a while back and gave her my Garmin Map 60, which gave me an excuse to upgrade to a Map 60 CSx. Got it yesterday, registered it online and today I tried to upload maps from my Mapsource Ver 6 software that I used with the older unit. According to the paperwork with the software, as I understand it, I can have two GPS units on the software.

When I try to upload, the GPS says it is transferring data, but then I get a message that the maps are not unlocked for the GPS. The mapping software recognizes the new GPS, but won’t unlock. I entered the 25 digit code, as instructed, but still no luck. What am I missing?

Awhile back (2006?) Garmin changed their software to only allow unlocking to a single unit -- if the mapset you are using in Mapsource is newer than that you may find it is only unlocked to the original unit.

... but if you bought it before Garmin changed their policy from a 2-GPS licence to a single unit, then call Garmin Customer Service and they will give you another unlock code for the 60CSx.

Bob

I bought the software before they limited it to one GPS. I don't see an option to unlock a second GPS

You choose that you need a 25 character unlock code, then sign in and you should have the option if the product had two unlocks and you have not used it.

or go to my.garmin.com and unlock online. There should be no need to phone Garmin.

What specific version are you trying to unlock?