Lowrance H20c down loading Waypoints

PaPa Fixit

Trying to down load way points to my Lowrance h20c. useing gpsbabel and hyper terminal. with a gugf cable and pcm usgm addapter. try useing steven stepshep procdure for the go 2 and had to use comm 12 for hyper link. any help would be appreadite.

I don't have the H2Oc but I am sure it works the same as my Hunt. You don't use the cable to load waypoints, the iFinders use .usr files. You download the free gpxtousr software from Lowrance and have it convert your gpx files to usr files and copy the usr file to the SD card. When the card is in the gps you can load the usr files into memory so you can use them. The card is also used for routes, tracks, and any maps you want to load using MapCreate. The only thing the cable is used for is if you would want to hook the gps to a laptop running mapping software. A lot of people think this system is a drawback, but I think it is an advantage because I can have .usr files for the different areas I cache in and not have to have a couple of hundred waypoints in the gps all of the time. I can also delete all of the waypoints in the gps and They are not lost because the files are still on the card.

I have the same H20C and love it. Put the information on your card (in groups of up to a thousand). I only have a 2 gig card, but a recent trip to New York, I had detail maps of the states we drove thru as well as about 3 thousand geocaches along the route on the card and a lot of room to spare. If you have GSAK, it also has a Lowrance export file mode.

That being said, I do like the GPXtoUSR software. Click .

Ask if you have any more questions.